Friday, March 11, 2011

Emily Browning's Babydoll costume from Sucker Punch...

To help build excitement for Zack Snyder's forthcoming action-fantasy extravaganza, Sucker Punch, the ArcLight Pasadena cinema has a wonderful array of original costumes and props on display from the movie.
Original Babydoll costume worn by
Emily Browning in Sucker Punch
Emily Browning Sucker Punch Babydoll costume
Sucker Punch movie costumeSucker Punch Babydoll movie costume
Emily Browning Sucker punch Babydoll costume
This is Emily Browning's 'Babydoll' costume from the movie and it's just one of the amazing outfits on display that I'll be showcasing here at Hollywood Movie Costumes and Props in the coming days.
Sucker Punch Babydoll movie poster
Sucker Punch Babydoll poster
After being unfairly imprisoned in a 1950's mental institution, a young school girl (Babydoll) escapes into her imagination of battlefields, dragons and samurai with her gang of kick-ass girls.
Michael Wilkinson was responsible for Costume Design to help bring this vision of alternate worlds to life. He's worked with the director, Zack Snyder, before, designing the costumes on Watchmen and you can also see his costume designs in Tron: Legacy.
Actual Babydoll outfit featured in Sucker Punch on display
Sucker Punch Babydoll costume
Babydoll Sucker Punch film costumeBabydoll Sucker Punch costumeBabydoll Sucker Punch costume
Babydoll Sucker Punch outfitBabydoll Sucker Punch outfit side viewSucker Punch Babydoll costume backBabydoll Sucker Punch movie outfit
Original Babydoll Sucker Punch costume
I was fortunate to see these Sucker Punch costumes up close and I feel that they'll be popular choices come Halloween this year, especially Babydoll's Japanese schoolgirl inspired outfit. For those interested in creating their own Cosplay costumes, the material is like a denim linen.
Sucker Punch poster wall at ArcLight Pasadena
Sucker Punch posterwall ArcLight Pasadena
In addition to the soon to be iconic outfit, the costume and prop exhibit also featured Babydoll's weapons of choice, her samurai sword and handgun.
Original weapon props used by Babydoll in Sucker Punch
Sucker Punch Babydoll gunSucker Punch Babydoll samurai sword
Keep tuned to Hollywood Movie Costumes and Props in the days to come for more original props from the film used by the lead female characters.
And to whet your appetite here's a glimpse of the other costumes worn by Vanessa Hudgens, Abbie Cornish, Jena Malone and Jamie Chung in the movie.
Original Sucker Punch movie costume exhibit
Babydoll and Blondie Sucker Punch costumesSucker Punch movie costumesSucker Punch movie costume display
Original Sucker Punch movie costumes
Original Sucker Punch film costumes
These costumes were photographed on display at ArcLight Pasadena cinema on March 11, 2011, with graphics and installation by Olson Visual.
Sucker Punch Babydoll movie poster
Babydoll Sucker Punch poster

41 comments:

  1. awesome pics, I can't wait for this movie to come out. A note tho: Babydoll's skirt looks like it's on backwards when compared to the movie posters (the buttons should be on the front). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pointing that out.

    Outfit still looks super-cool though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!! I can't thank you enough for these! I'm making my Babydoll cosplay, and I needed more pictures to get it just right! Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very welcome Danielle, this is why I post so many photos because I know someone out there will find them of use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, this is great. I was looking for some good shots of Amber's and Rocket's costumes. I can see a few details from these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE BABY DOLL . I want her costume and her gun, also the leather belt !
    Do you know where i could probably order the gun and her costume?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that some Cosplay costume designers sometimes take commissions on costumes and items, so maybe someone can help you out?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I take costume commissions (link is my name)
    I've made a babydoll and rocket costume already to complete screen accuracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quorra ur costumes are really good! You should update the baby doll photos asap ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you happen to know the brand/maker of Babydoll's shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I realllly neeeed those shoes..

    ReplyDelete
  12. i LOVE babydoll:)
    and i would love her costume. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't quite tell what color the outfit is. Is the color a light blue or gray? And is the base color dark blue or black? >.<

    ReplyDelete
  14. In person it's a navy denim linen if that helps. The scarf and trim were a light grey colour.

    On screen it looked a different colour.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the color is navy blue the fabric looks to be a raw linen. the ribbons are destressed with a black watercolor wash and the outfit itself has been destressed with a cheese grader or sandpaper. Cant tell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can anyone tell me what the ornaments are on her gun besides the hour glass and the bunny? Coz I have a friend who does custom figurines and I'm having her make those tiny things for my Babydoll prop gun. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What are the things dangling on Babydoll's gun? I can only tell that one is a rabbit and the other's an hour glass...can someone tell me what the other two are? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where are these costumes displayed at? Like exact directions...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome pics! I really want to order a Babydoll costume for Halloween this year. Heheh! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Where are these costumes displayed? Like exact location...

    ReplyDelete
  21. This was a temporary costume exhibit at Pasadena ArcLight cinema in California - I don't believe it is still there.

    ReplyDelete
  22. When I went to see suckerpunch I was suprised to find out all of babydolls outfits (except her orange jumpsuit) have a japanese
    style sailors knot

    ReplyDelete
  23. jason,
    i really love babydoll!
    can i have her pistol and costume to?
    please...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jason,
    can i please have her costume and gun???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. jason.
    i want the babydoll's costume and gun really much... I really love babydoll.
    please leave me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I wish they were mine to give, but sadly I just got to see them up close and photograph them, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Jason,
    do you know someone that can make the costume or gun?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Check Quorra in the comments before yours, she takes commissions :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't think the charm on Baby Doll's gun is an hourglass, I think it's a Diabolo. I'm really impressed with the details on that gun, the engraved rabbit is great.

    ReplyDelete
  30. BABYDOLL's skirt is reversed BACK....MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVE THIS! Love the movie, love the costume, I just love it! Thank you for posting this I'm going to try making this costume lol

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for your comment, it's the reason why I share these costumes and props with everyone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. je veux tout le costume de babydoll est c'est armes je serait prés a mettre n'importe quelle prix pour avoir tous sa

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey, thx for such detailed pix; I have a question: do you have any info about the others costumes in Sucker Punch? I mean especially the corsets, I love "normal goth" corsets but fell in love with those shown in the movie, for example one of BbabyDoll's: the normal corset shape (maybe with straps/thin "strapped sleeves")but "enhanced" with a slim belt on the waist, a light pink for the color.. dyou have any idea where I could get a corset likt this? Thx in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      All (or at least most) of the corsets in the film were custom made by Vancouver corset tailors at Lace Embrace!

      http://www.laceembrace.com/

      Hope that helps! I'd visit just to get my own, but I'm all the way in the East side of Canada :( Someday! LOL

      ~Carmen

      Delete
  35. Sorry Claire, they didn't have any other costumes or corsets on display, but if I come across any featured in the movie in the future I will be sure to post.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Where can I buy the costume..I have looked and most don't even look like it...well they sort of look like it but not as good..

    ReplyDelete
  37. If you don't like the ones you can buy at costume stores and on Amazon, maybe you should gets cosplayer to make one for you, there are quite a few who take commissions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I am going to ask something stupid where do I find someone I can trust is good?

      Delete
  38. The only thing I'd recommend is seeing their past work and projects to see how good their skills are.

    ReplyDelete