Friday, December 17, 2010

Universal's Lucille Ball TV Tribute - Part one...

Lucille Ball was an award-winning American comedienne, film, television, stage and radio actress, who is fondly remembered for her titular roles in the 1950's TV sitcoms I Love Lucy, The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, The Lucy Show, Here's Lucy and Life With Lucy. To celebrate her accomplished body of work Universal Studios in Florida had this wonderful costume and memorabilia tribute to the star.

I Love Lucy TV Tribute at Universal Studios Orlando
I Love Lucy TV costume display
I Love Lucy TV costumes
I Love Lucy TV costume
Included in the costumes photographed on September 23, 2010, was the signature polka dot dress which has become a popular Halloween 'I Love Lucy' costume look.

I Love Lucy TV poster
I Love Lucy TV poster
Unfortunately the costume exhibit didn't have details for every outfit on display, as it would have been nice to see what shows and episodes they were from, so I hope you'll just enjoy their 1950's style.

Original Lucille Ball outfits on display
I Love Lucy TV costumeLucile Ball TV costumeI Love Lucy TV costume exhibitI Love Lucy TV outfitLucille Ball TV costumesLucille Ball TV outfitI Love Lucy TV outfits
I Love Lucy outfit
This black and white flapper dress pictured below was worn on by Lucy on Here's Lucy with guest star Jack Benny.

Lucille Ball's flapper dress from Here's Lucy
Here's Lucy flapper dressHere's Lucy flapper dress TV costume
Here's Lucy flapper dress
Come back soon for part two of the Lucille Ball TV Tribute, with more props, accessories, awards and memorabilia from the iconic entertainer's illustrious career.

No comments:

Post a Comment