Saturday, November 19, 2011

Costumes worn by Michelle Williams and Kenneth Branagh in My Week with Marilyn...

In My Week with Marilyn, Michelle Williams stars as the titular blonde bombshell during her time filming The Prince and the Showgirl with Sir Laurence Olivier (played by Sir Kenneth Branagh) in England in 1956.

Original costume display for My Week with Marilyn
Original My Week with Marilyn movie costumesMy Week with Marilyn film costumesMy Week with Marilyn movie costumes
This exhibit of original costumes from the Marilyn Monroe movie was photographed on display at ArcLight Hollywood cinema on November 13, 2011.

The movie is based on two books written by Colin Clark, who worked as an assistant on the British set of The Prince and the Showgirl and spent time with Marilyn Monroe when her newlywed husband and playwright, Arthur Miller, left the country.
My Week with Marilyn movie poster
My Week with Marilyn poster
Costume Design for the movie was by Jill Taylor, whose work can also be seen in Johnny English, The Life and Death of Peter Sellers, Match Point, Proof and more.
Outfit worn by Michelle Williams as Marilyn Monroe
in My Week with Marilyn
My Week with Marilyn Michelle Williams costumeMy Week with Marilyn movie costume
Michelle Williams My Week with Marilyn costume
Michelle Williams wore this ensemble as the infamous screen starlet and I believe it's also the outfit featured on one of the promotional posters for the movie.
Costume worn by Kenneth Branagh as Laurence Oliver
in My Week with Marilyn
Kenneth Branagh My Week with Marilyn costume
My Week with Marilyn Kenneth Branagh costumeMy Week with Marilyn Kenneth Branagh film costume
My Week with Marilyn film costume
My Week with Marilyn Laurence Olivier costume
Kenneth Branagh wore this regal looking costume portraying the legendary actor 'Laurence Olivier', who himself was playing the 'Prince Regent of Carpathia'. You can compare this royal outfit to the costume that Sir Laurence Olivier actually wore in The Prince and the Showgirl movie.

My Week with Marilyn movie poster
My Week with Marilyn movie poster

No comments:

Post a Comment